Sunday, December 12, 2010

Here are 10 things I like about winter, in no particular order, to fight my bitter hatred of winter:
1)When the snow is fresh and I step on it, it feels and sounds like I'm walking on styrofoam.
2) From the inside looking out, it is beautiful like a Christmas card.
3) My Mom loves to buy me sweaters, and she is really good at picking them out too, I get to wear them in the winter.
4) It is the season of Peppermint Mochas.
5) Chili tastes better in the winter.
6)I really like the "Baby its cold outside" song, the original AND the Elf version.
7) Its acceptable to be pale.
8) People are more giving in winter, and not just for Christmas. Something about the awfulness of the cold, makes people feel more for those in need.
9) There are less photo opportunities in the winter, but somehow most winter pictures turn out beautiful.
10) The Chaos of the intersection is so much higher in the winter. Kids can't go outside, fundraisers, homework, and crankyness due to the weather all makes the day nuts... but go by so quickly. At the end of the day, I love feeling like I labored with the kids and they labored with me. If makes it feel more like a family.

Hold me accountable to being less bitter this winter friends!

No comments: